Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Book Review: The Expats

I gotta say that I was not overly disappointed by this book but I was not overly impressed either. I had read some wonderful reviews about this book, which is why I had gotten it in the first place and these reviews went entirely wrong.  The book was fast paced and compelling, albeit mildly at times.  I can't decide whether I enjoyed the beginning of this book so much because I had just finished a book which could not have moved slower, making this book seem like a roller coaster, or because it was indeed fast paced and compelling at the beginning. Needless to say, I enjoyed the beginning and very end of the book much more than the middle chapters.  I felt like the author was trying just a little too hard to make certain plot twists unknown and mysterious.   LIving in DC and being a little addicted to crime and spy TV shows, some of the plot twists were really obvious or just downright ridiculous.  I would recommend this book if you are looking for a short, relatively mindless book.  I think that it is definitely a decent book and I don't think that the you will read it and say it was horrible.  Is it worth it? Depends on what you're in the mood for, but for me, it satisfied my need for a relatively fast paced book.  I just don't think it's one that I will waste my time rereading.

Recommendation: Three Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment