Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dementors

So I did have a really good, funny post that I was gonna post but unfortunately this day as sucked all life out of me.  Not like the 5 Hour Energy yesterday, but rather that feeling that time has literally stopped. Its that feeling  you get when look out a wonderful, clean, huge window towards a cloudless blue sky and you just know that its got to be beautiful out.  You just know it.  Then you make the mistake of checking weather.com and it gives you that bright, comic looking sun that just screams at you to go outside.  Then you see the perfect temperature underneath the sun.  Then you look out the window again.  And the pouty face comes.  Bottom lip out.  Eyes looking longing into the distance and suddenly those windows come a cage.  A cruel, cruel cage from which you can’t escape.  I mean its right there.  And then its frigid where you’re sitting on top of everything else.  So instead of being able to show everyone your new spunky Spring top, your forced to hide it under a sweater if you were smart enough to bring one, or if you’re like me you have to hide it underneath your North Face so that, although you’re trying really to hide the fact that all you want to do is escape and frolic freely in the sunlight, it just gives it away.  Everyone knows and although you try telling everyone, “No, I’m not thinking about leaving.  Its just cold in here.”  Everyone knows.  Everyone knows.  And the cycle begins all over again.  This is what the Dementors Kiss feels like.  If you don’t know what that is…I don’t really have anything to say.  I think that just proves that either you have quite literally been living under a rock in the Trobriand Islands or you’re one of those people who tries to go against trends.  Well that wasn’t a trend.  It was merely another depiction of reality.  I just proved it.  I’m living it.  That’s right.  I am.  Get over it.  But for real though, today has been weird.  Not only has time been moving slower than usual (yes, it has. Just accept it.  Denial is a drug, duh.) but I swear people have been acting more unusual than normal.  I mean I just read an article by the Brookings Institute, a very reputable Think Tank, and the author dated the article for March 12, 2012.  And he published it today.  Yeah.  That’s right.  Don’t believe me?  Heres the link.  http://www.brookings.edu/articles/2012/03_syria_hamid.aspx  The dementors had sucked me so dry that I almost believed it.  Almost.  But you can’t fool this Gryffindor that easily (Yes I am a Gryffindor and yes I have been using a lot of parenthesis.  Sorry, I feel the need to have multiple internal dialogues at the same time.  Its part of the dementors sucking my soul today.)  That’s right.  I figured it out you tricksty trickster.  But you know what, he’s probably a Slytherin so I mean, that’s completely acceptable for them.  Totally something Crabbe or Goyle would do.  You know, like when Crabbe managed to change races from the Second film to the 7th Film.  Just like that.  So now you understand  how I feel.    Thanks for reading and I hope that you have a dementor-less type day! http://pinterest.com/pin/79376012151902231/ http://pinterest.com/pin/144959681725519369/

No comments:

Post a Comment